RBI has drafted guidelines on Fair Practices Code for Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) which sets the fair practices standards when dealing with individual customers and to serve as a part of best corporate practice. It is, and shall be, our policy to make loan products available to all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, caste, color, religion, sex, marital status or handicap. Our policy is to treat all the customers consistently and fairly.
Our employees will offer assistance, encouragement and service in a fair, equitable and consistent manner. We will also communicate our Fair Practices Code to our customers by placing it on the company's website. We shall ensure that charges / fees are appropriately informed to the borrower. Terms and conditions pertaining to the facility will be conveyed to the prospective borrowers.
We commit that disputes arising out of the lending decisions will be appropriately resolved by a grievance redressal mechanism set up by us. The Company's Fair lending practices shall apply across all aspects of our operations including marketing, loan origination, processing, servicing and collection activities. Our commitment to Fair Practice Code would be demonstrated in terms of employee accountability, monitoring and auditing programs, training and technology.
The Company's Board of Directors and the management team is responsible for establishing practices designed to ensure that our operations reflect our strong commitment to fair lending and that all employees are aware of that commitment.
Infinity Fincorp Solutions Private Limited (IFSPL) is committed to providing service of the highest quality to its clients. This Fair Practices Code applies to the all categories of products and services offered by us (currently offered or which may be introduced at a future date) The Fair Practices Code is applicable to the above irrespective of whether the same is provided at the Branch, over the phone, on the Internet or by any other method we may be currently using or may introduce at a future date.
Applications for loans and their processing
- Loan application forms will include necessary information, which affects the interest of the borrower, so that a meaningful comparison with the terms and conditions offered by other NBFCs can be made and informed decision can be taken by the borrower. The loan application form will indicate the documents required to be submitted with the application form.
- The company will devise a system of giving acknowledgement for receipt of all loan applications. If Company cannot provide the loan to the borrower, the same shall be communicated to the borrower with the reason(s) for rejection.
- Loan Application form will clearly state the information that the company requires to collect from the customer to fulfill the KYC norms and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Company may request for additional information in case it is required.
- Company will make available its loan products to all qualified borrowers and shall not discriminate on grounds of sex, caste and religion in the matter of lending. However, this does not preclude Company from participating in schemes framed for different sections of the society.
- The company will convey in writing to the borrower by means of sanction letter or otherwise, the amounts of loan sanctioned along with the terms and conditions including annualized rate of interest and method of application thereof and keep the acceptance of these terms and conditions by the borrower on its record.
- The Company shall furnish copy of the loan agreement to the borrower at the time of disbursement of loan.
Disbursement of loans including changes in terms and conditions
- The Company will give notice to the borrower of any change in the terms and conditions including disbursement schedule, interest rates, service charges, prepayment charges etc. We will also ensure that changes in interest rates and charges are effected only prospectively. A suitable condition in this regard will be incorporated in the loan agreement.
- The penal interest to be charged by the company for late repayment of loan shall be mentioned in bold letters in the loan agreement.
- Decision to recall/accelerate payment or performance under the agreement or seek additional securities/collaterals will be in consonance with the loan agreement.
- The loan agreement shall contain a built-in re-possession clause and also contain provisions regarding notice period before taking possession, circumstances under which the notice period can be waived, the procedure for taking possession of the security, a provision regarding final chance to be given to the borrower for repayment of loan before sale/auction of the property, the procedure for giving re-possession to the borrower and procedure for sale/auction of the property.
- The Company will release all securities on repayment of all dues or on realization of the outstanding amount of loan subject to any legitimate right or lien for any other claim company may have against borrower. If such right of set off is to be exercised, the borrower will be given notice about the same with full particulars about the remaining claims and the conditions under which company is entitled to retain the securities till the relevant claim is settled/paid.
- The company will refrain from interference in the affairs of the borrower except for the purposes provided in the terms and conditions of the loan agreement (unless new information, not earlier disclosed by the borrower, has come to the notice of the lender).
- In the matter of recovery of loans, the company will not resort to undue harassment viz. persistently bothering the borrowers at odd hours, use of muscle power for recovery of loans, etc,.
- Company shall inform the borrower in the event of closure/shifting of its branch office.
- A consolidated report of periodical review of compliance of fair practice code may be submitted to the Board/Committee of Directors at regular intervals as may be prescribed by it.